The October meeting will be held Tuesday, Oct 8, at the Raleigh Police Club at 3500 Leonard Road in Knightdale, at 7 pm. We will return to Carya Dr. for the November and December meetings.
At the October meeting, Dr. John Ambrose of NC State will discuss Apitherapy, or the use of hive products in health and nutrition. Also, Don Hopkins should be present to sign up volunteers for the NCSBA educational booth at the state fair. Please see the newsletter for more information!
The 5 County Beekeepers Association cordially invites all beekeepers from Franklin, Johnston, Nash, Wake and Wilson counties to its first annual cookout on Sunday, September 29, 2013 at the Bennett Bunn Plantation in Zebulon from 1:00 – 6:00 p.m. The meal will start at 3:00 p.m. Please bring a side dish or dessert to share, meats will be provided. Click
here for more information, including directions to the plantation and a link to the online reservation list.
September 10 – Club meeting
Topic and Guest Speaker: Pest Management and Meet your State Bee Inspector
The August Meeting will be held on Tuesday the 13th, back at our usual Carya Drive location.
Recipes from the 2013 Spring Banquet are now available. Click Here for a 3-page PDF of all the written recipes that members shared at our April banquet. Thanks to everyone who contributed!
- Hosted by Tom & Kim Underhill of Big Oak Apiary of Raleigh, of John 15:5 Farm located at 2633 Branch Road in Raleigh, NC 27610
- Rick will be here in Raleigh, demonstrating techniques of Queen Rearing, grafting, processing, and all the steps in between required to raise your own quality queens.
- Rick is a pillar of the Bee Keeping Community and has invaluable knowledge to share. Rick believes and lives by paying it forward. He makes all efforts to help, mentor and assist bee keepers of all levels to further their bee keeping education, techniques, and experiences.
- Cost: $10.00 per person – with the proceeds to be donated to Dr. Tarpy’s Bee Research Lab on the behalf of Wake County Beekeepers Association & Spring Bank Bee Farm
- Register to reserve your place by emailing Tom & Kim Underhill:
- Cash only please
If you would like to view the amended club constitution that was passed at the March 12, 2013 meeting, please download it here:
March 16-17 : Saturday & Sunday: Bee School
NC Bee Keepers Certification Class and Practical-Spaces still available.